– Numerous Premier League clubs appear in the running to sign Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku, who won the Bundesliga Player of the Season award.
– RB Leipzig star Christopher Nkunku has been named Bundesliga’s Player of the Season for the 2021-22 campaign as speculation over a Premier League move persists.
– Nkunku won the German top flight’s Player of the Month award a single-season record four times – in October, February, March and April – and has been subsequently rewarded with the end-of-season accolade.
– Robert Lewandowski, Manchester City-bound Erling Haaland and Bayer Leverkusen’s Patrik Schick were all in contention, but only the Bayern Munich talisman (38) can boast more direct goal involvements this term than Nkunku, who has scored 20 goals and recorded 13 assists in 34 league games.
— Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) May 16, 2022
– Meanwhile, across Europe’s top five leagues in all competitions only Karim Benzema (59), Kylian Mbappe (57) and Lewandowski 56) have been involved in more goals than the Leipzig striker (50).
– That goalscoring form and creative prowess guided Leipzig to the Europa League semi-finals, where they were defeated by Rangers, and helped them finish fourth in the Bundesliga.
Christopher Nkunku is the @Bundesliga_EN 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧! 🏆✨
Congrats, @c_nk97! Fully deserved! ⭐
— RB Leipzig English (@RBLeipzig_EN) May 16, 2022