– Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp cannot see Manchester City slipping up in the Premier League title race after his side dropped precious points at Anfield for the first time since October in a draw with Tottenham.
– The result takes Liverpool top on goal difference but Pep Guardiola’s side can move three points clear with three games remaining if they defeat Newcastle United on Sunday.
– Son Heung-min swept the counter-attacking visitors in front after 56 minutes following a link-up between Harry Kane and Ryan Sessegnon and with the Liverpool defence disorganised.
– Liverpool naturally flooded forward for an equaliser but it took a heavily deflected shot from Luis Diaz 16 minutes from time to pierce Spurs’ packed defence and draw the home side level.
– Spurs continued to defend with resolution after the equaliser and were also a threat on the break as they battled to take something from the game and enhance their top-four challenge.
– “I can’t see it,” said Klopp when asked if City might drop points. “I wish I could think differently but I can’t see it.
– “My problem is not whether City smash Newcastle. It’s Aston Villa on Tuesday.
– “We have a point more than before so that’s good and it’s massively better than when we were 1-0 down. That goal really counts. But it’s not what we wanted, we have to deal with it and we will.”