– Juventus’ slim chances of winning the Serie A title ended on Friday after Domenico Criscito’s stoppage-time penalty for relegation-threatened Genoa condemned Massimiliano Allegri’s side to a shock 2-1 defeat.
– Paulo Dybala found the back of the net three minutes into the second half after his low shot aimed at the right corner gave the visitors the long-awaited lead.
– But winger Albert Gudmundsson revived Genoa’s hopes of remaining in the top flight when he sent Nadiem Amiri’s pass inside the right post three minutes before the end of regular time.
Also Read: Bonucci gives Juve win over stubborn Venezia
– Nine minutes later, defender Criscito belted in the spot kick, giving goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny no chance.
– The home fans exploded with joy, knowing that the three points boosted their sides chances of preserving their Serie A status.
– Juventus, who have already qualified for next season’s Champions League, remain fourth on 69 points. Genoa are 19th with 28 points, just one point away from the safety zone with two games remaining.